60th Annual Grammy Awards: Predictions

Reuters/Lucy Nicholson

60th Annual Grammy Awards - Thoughts & Predictions

As the most significant award within the music industry, the Grammys are held each year to recognize those who excelled within their craft. The full nomination list for the upcoming Grammy Awards can be viewed HERE, but here are my predictions for some of the most popular categories...

Apple Music's 60th GRAMMY Awards Nominees playlist is available down below.

Record of the Year
Redbone - Childish Gambino
Despacito - Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee (feat. Justin Bieber)
The Story of O.J. - Jay-Z
HUMBLE. - Kendrick Lamar
24K Magic - Bruno Mars

Who I'd Like to See Win: HUMBLE. or Redbone
Who Will Most Likely Win: 24K Magic or Despacito

Album of the Year
Awaken, My Love! - Childish Gambino
4:44 - Jay-Z
DAMN. - Kendrick Lamar
Melodrama - Lorde
24K Magic - Bruno Mars

Who I'd Like to See Win: Melodrama or DAMN.
Who Will Most Likely Win: 24K Magic

Song of the Year
Despacito - Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee (feat. Justin Bieber)
4:44 - Jay-Z
Issues - Julia Michaels
1-800-273-8255 - Logic (feat. Alessia Cara & Khalid)
That's What I Like - Bruno Mars

Who I'd Like to See Win: That's What I Like or 1-800-273-8255
Who Will Most Likely WinThat's What I Like or Despacito

Best New Artist
Alessia Cara
Khalid
Lil Uzi Vert
Julia Michaels
SZA

Who I'd Like to See WinKhalid or Lil Uzi Vert
Who Will Most Likely Win: Khalid or Lil Uzi Vert

Best Dance/Electronic Album
Bonobo - Migration
3-D The Catalogue - Kraftwerk
Mura Masa - Mura Masa
A Moment Apart - ODESZA
What Now - Sylvan Esso

Who I'd Like to See Win: A Moment Apart
Who Will Most Likely Win: Mura Masa or A Moment Apart

Best Rock Album
Emperor of Sand - Mastodon
Hardwired...To Self-Destruct - Metallica
The Stories We Tell Ourselves - Nothing More
Villains - Queens Of The Stone Age
A Deeper Understanding - The War on Drugs

Who I'd Like to See Win: A Deeper Understanding
Who Will Most Likely Win: Villains or Hardwired...To Self-Destruct or A Deeper Understanding

Best Alternative Album
Everything Now - Arcade Fire
Humanz - Gorillaz
American Dream - LCD Soundsystem
Pure Comedy - Father John Misty
Sleep Well Beast - The National

Who I'd Like to See Win: American Dream or Humanz
Who Will Most Likely Win: Pure Comedy or Everything Now

Best R&B Song
First Began - PJ Morton
Location - Khalid
Redbone - Childish Gambino
Supermodel - SZA
That's What I Like - Bruno Mars

Who I'd Like to See Win: Redbone or Location
Who Will Most Likely Win: That's What I Like or Location or Redbone

Best Urban Contemporary Album
Free 6LACK - 6LACK
Awaken, My Love! - Childish Gambino
American Teen - Khalid
Ctrl - SZA
Starboy - The Weeknd

Who I'd Like to See Win: Ctrl or American Teen
Who Will Most Likely Win: Starboy or American Teen

Best R&B Album
Freudian - Daniel Caesar
Let Love Rule - Ledisi
24K Magic - Bruno Mars
Gumbo - PJ Morton
Feel The Real - Musiq Soul Child

Who I'd Like to See Win: Freudian
Who Will Most Likely Win: 24K Magic

Best Rap Song
Bodak Yellow - Cardi B
Chase Me - Danger Mouse (feat. Run The Jewels & Big Boi)
HUMBLE. - Kendrick Lamar
Sassy - Rapsody
The Story of O.J. - Jay-Z

Who I'd Like to See Win: HUMBLE.
Who Will Most Likely Win: Bodak Yellow & HUMBLE. or Story of O.J.

Best Rap Album
4:44 - Jay-Z
DAMN. - Kendrick Lamar
Culture - Migos
Laila's Wisdom - Rapsody
Flower Boy - Tyler, The Creator

Who I'd Like to See Win: Flower Boy or DAMN.
Who Will Most Likely Win: DAMN.

WHO DO YOU THINK WILL DOMINATE THE GRAMMY AWARDS?

The Grammy Awards will be on Sunday, Jan. 28th on CBS


Comments